What Coulds You Expect From An Engineer-led PAS Youth Wing
First and foremost, congratulations to my very close friend, my brother and my engineering mate Ir. Khairil Nizam Khirudin for the appointment as the Chief of PAS Youth wing for the period 2019-2021. It has been a while since we last saw a professional lead the PAS Youth Wing, being one of the prominent component in PAS. Although there are skewed perceptions that PAS has not been giving space for professionals to contribute in PAS, his appointment proves otherwise. Let’s look at how engineers work:
• Engineers analyse and understand current situation
• Engineers look at current issues and solve it
• Engineers assess risk, forecast issues and prepare for it
• Engineers always look at optimization and process efficiency
• Engineers put facts before emotion
• Engineers innovate and reengineer future
Hence, I can assure you that the next 2 years will be an interesting period for Malaysian politics, especially in contexts of Malaysian youth being under the leadership of an engineer – Ir Khairil Nizam Khiruddin.
What should Malaysia expect?
1. Actions to be more strategically planned, tactically intact and operationally efficient
2. Communication to be clearer and direct
3. Aspire and inspire
4. Objective driven
5. Bold and taking risks within principles
6. Fast and sometimes “furious” for achievement
With the support from fellow engineers,other professionals, asatizah & ustaz as well as all amilin in PAS, I strongly believe he will bring PAS Youth to a new level that has not been seen before.
Malaysian, Brace & Get Ready for the show.
Ir. Hadi Amat,
Kluster Kejuruteraan JPro DPPM
Penulis merupakan Jurutera Profesional lulusan Universiti Teknologi Petronas. Bekerja di syarikat gas dan multinasional PETRONAS selama 18 tahun sehingga kini. Merupakan Pengarah Komunikasi Dewan Pemuda PAS Malaysia.